What is A2P 10DLC?
Per our SMS provider Twilio:
A2P 10DLC refers to a system in the United States that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) type messaging via standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers. Carriers in the US consider all Twilio traffic to be A2P. Carriers’ A2P 10DLC offerings provide better delivery quality and lower filtering risk than long code SMS of the past, using the same phone numbers.
What this means for you:
- With A2P 10DLC registration, Club OS customers can generally expect to see a higher throughput for their messages and fewer messages being waived or undelivered by the carriers.
There are two possible registration levels within A2P 10DLC, they are Standard (high volume) and Low Volume.
- Standard registration is recommended for any customer that plans to exceed 3000 segments in a single day or has previously exceeded 3000 segments in a single day.
- Customers that complete standard registration will receive a Trust Score from 0 to 100. This rating influences the maximum message throughput that will be allocated to your locations messages.
- If a low score is received and causes any issues with your message throughput, Club OS can request a review of your trust score or re-register your account. Please note, there may be fees associated with this process which is why accuracy early on is very important.
What can cause a low trust score?
A low trust score and low message throughput is typically due to one of the following scenarios:
- Incorrect data was provided during registration (information did not match the EIN listing)
- The company is new (older more established companies will generally have higher trust scores)
- A low trust score and low message throughput is typically due to one of the following scenarios:
- Low Volume registration is recommended for the majority of our customers that do not intend to exceed 3000 segments per day, this prevents customers from incurring any additional registration or monthly fees.
- A typical low volume customer:
- Does not use bulk SMS heavily (e.g. more than one blast text campaign per day)
- Does not send bulk SMS to more than 1000 leads or members at a time
*All existing Club OS customers that have provided registration information have been registered based on their historical volume in attempt to prevent any text messages from being blocked but also keep fees as low as possible.
New to Club OS? Our Account Managers and Fulfillment team will work with you to determine the most appropriate registration level based on your expected usage.
The following fees will apply based on your registration level - please note registration fees are subject to change based on carrier guidelines.
|Monthly Fee per Location
$59 per location
Note: No changes will be made to your contracted per-segment rates as part of A2P 10DLC.