This article describes how to create events for group training (encompassing Group Training and Small Group Training) in Club OS for display to members in the AF App.
These event types are managed through employee availability (not by creating events) and are not covered in this article:
- One-on-One Personal Training
- Fitness Consultations
- Club Tours
Please follow the below steps to ensure an event will show up in the AF App for your clients to book.
- Navigate to the Calendar using the left-hand navigation bar
- Click the Add Event button on the top right.
- Select the Event Owner who is the Trainer/Coach that is leading the session. This person should have a photo uploaded under Staff Management in the AF Dashboard. That picture will show up in the AFA.
- Select the Event Type. (Only two event types will show up in the AF App: Group Training and Small Group Training.)
- For AF Training Team Workouts, select “Group Training”.
- For AF Training Small Group, select “Small Group Training”.
- Select the Location. If you are part of a multi-ownership group, make sure to select the correct applicable location.
- Type in the Subject.
- For the Group Training Event Type: The event subject does not require any specific words or formatting. This means coaches can name events something other than Base, Burn or Build that more accurately describes the event, like Yoga or Stretching.
- For the Small Group Training and Personal Training Event Type: A subject is not required for these to show in the app. This means coaches can name events something other than Small Group Training that accurately describes the event, like Yoga or Stretching. However, if you are running virtual sessions for Small Group and Personal training, you will want to add the word ‘Virtual’ in the subject line to distinguish Virtual sessions from in-club sessions.
- Click Repeat if this event repeats on the same day/time each week. This way you only have to create the event once.
- Add the event Start Date. This is the first date the event will show up in the AF App.
- Add the Start Time. This will show in the AF App.
- Add the End Time. This will show in the AF App.
- Click the Public box. If this box is not checked, the event will NOT show in the AF App.
- Enter the Max # of participants that can fit into your Group Training session. Once the session has reached capacity the session will show as FULL in the AF App.
- Add the Member Service tied to this type of session. Members can only book into sessions with a member service that matches the member service on their agreement. You must have a member service selected for the event to show in the app.
- Click Save Event to publish the event to the AF App.