In an effort to increase flexibility within Club OS Training Management, users will now be able to change the salesperson on their clients’ training agreements. This will allow clubs to make adjustments on sales commission compensation after a training agreement has been sold.
The ability to change the salesperson on a training agreement is a role-level permission that must be granted to staff. It works in the same way permissions to Freeze or Comp an agreement currently function. Restricted Club Admins will have it allowed by default. You can find the permission by navigating to User Settings> Permissions> Package Billing section.
To change the salesperson on a training agreement, navigate to the member’s account> Club Info> Club Services> Member Service Agreements and click into the specific agreement you are trying to update.
This field will display the staff member who is currently effective for sales commission. If the user’s account has been deleted and they are still the effective salesperson, their name will be shown, but with an indication that the account has been deleted. (Currently the field shows blank if the salesperson has been deleted).
Access to this permission will allow you to see the “Manage Salesperson” link to change the employee and the effective date for a salesperson when a new salesperson has been lined up for the future.
-The original salesperson is the staff member who was selected during the sales process. Their effective date is the sale date of the package. This effective date cannot be changed, but the salesperson can be. You will not be able to delete the original salesperson.
-When adding a new salesperson, an effective date is set (so that staff have the ability to make retroactive changes, or schedule changes to happen in the future).
-You can pick any effective date in the future, or as far back as the sale date of the agreement.
-If there are two salespeople with the same effective date: Whichever one was updated last will get sales commission.
Reports that will be affected by changing the Salesperson:
- The report takes the effective salesperson into account for all of the commission strategies:
- Money Collected: The salesperson who was effective at the time of the successful payment attempt will get commission. Since this logic only depends on the payment attempt, it’s possible for a member with two payments in a pay period to give commission to separate salespeople for each.
- Down Payment: The salesperson who was effective at the time of the successful payment attempt will get commission.
- Total Agreement Value: The salesperson who was effective on the sale date gets commission. In the case when there are two people with the same effective date, whoever was most recently updated wins.
The following reports will use the current salesperson:
- Trainer Liability Report
- Unpaid Invoices Report
- Package Sales Summary Report
- Cancellation Report
- Renewal Report
The following reports will use the salesperson indicated at the time of the payment attempt:
- Accrual Revenue Report
- PT Transactions Report
KPI’s that will be affected by changing the Salesperson:
-PT Total (includes New + Recur) - The salesperson who was effective on the date of the successful payment attempt who will get credit.
-PT Agreements New - The salesperson who was effective on the sale date will get credit.