In this article, we will outline the steps for selling a PT package to a member and ensure that there isn’t a payment taken today.
In this scenario, Karl has come into the club and has purchased an agreement. However, it’s Friday night and he wants to start training on Monday. He also wants his billing to start on Monday, however, he wants to set up his recurring payment method now so he doesn’t have to worry about it when he’s coming in.
- Navigate to the member's account and select the ‘Club Info’ tab and then select ‘Club Services’
- Select ‘Add Agreement’ in the top right
- Choose the agreement the member wants to purchase
- Choose a the future start date of the agreement
- Change the ‘Base Payment’ amount to zero
- If done correctly, Today’s Payment amount will read $0.00. (NOTE: If you try to change the ‘Today’s Payment’ amount and not base payment, you will receive an error message saying ‘Payment amount must be greater than or equal to the minimum due today:’)
- Select Save and Review
- Have the customer sign the agreement, if they agree to the terms
- Verify that there is not a ‘Down Payment’ option in the ‘Activate Agreement’ page
- If there is a ‘Down Payment’ option do not proceed. Access the Club Services tab. You will see the agreement as a ‘Draft’. Select the agreement and see step 5
- Select Activate Agreement
Note: In order to not take a payment, the agreement must have a future start date. When a PT agreements starts an invoice will be generated and if a recurring payment payment profile is set up and selected, a payment will be attempted on the member's payment profile. This is why a future start date is required to not take a payment.
If you see the ‘Down Payment’ option in the ‘Activate Agreement’ screen, you are going to attempt a payment that day if a payment profile is selected. If the member has made a payment in the club, you will want to mark the down-payment as paid with ‘Cash/Check’.