The Summary Accrual Revenue Report records multiple locations’ invoices whose initial transactions have earned a ‘Success’ or ‘Pending Success’ status from ABC. This report allows Club Owners and Admins to see, at once, the total earnings billed to Members and refunded invoices within a designated date range for every location in which the user has access. It is a tool in accrual-based accounting.
Invoices are listed in order of ascending, successful Attempt Dates. This report is filterable by Date Range, Location and Employee. For steps on how to access, filter, and schedule the report, click here.
As an invoice’s status shifts, the Accrual Revenue Report updates its records accordingly.
Example: On 8/30, Micah’s invoice possessed a ‘Pending’ status. On 9/2, Micah’s invoice settled -shifting its status to ‘Paid’. As a result, Micah’s invoice’s status will now always appear with the Accrual Revenue Report as being ‘Paid’.
When a paid invoice results in a refund, a second, separate invoice gets created. The initial invoice will keep its ‘Paid’ status and gain a Refund Invoice Number. The new invoice, too, will possess a ‘Paid’ status -however, its Total ($) will display a negative number.
Neither invoice appears alongside each other within the report. Rather, each appears strictly within reports depicting the date in which their action actually occurred.
Example: Oliver’s initial invoice billed on 2/1. It refunded on 3/1. To run the Accrual Revenue Report for February would not display Oliver’s refunded invoice. Similarly, March’s Accrual Revenue Report would not contain Oliver’s initial, paid invoice. However, were the Accrual Revenue Report made to depict both February and March, the report would include both invoices.
A Chargeback/Return will only appear on a report containing the date in which the invoice’s initial, successful transaction occurred.
Example: Candice’s initial invoice billed on 11/20. Her bank issued a Chargeback on 12/2. To run the Accrual Revenue Report for December would not display Candice’s Chargeback invoice. However, November’s Accrual Revenue Report would.
This report consists of two tables: 'Total Revenue by Payment Type', and 'Total Revenue by Payment Status'. All locations are listed alphabetically.
Table One: Total Revenue by Payment Type
This table is comprised of four sections:
- New Down Payment: Displays the total number of first-ever down payments that Members made within the designated date range.
Note: Only Members who have never previously purchased an agreement will populate this section.
- Renew Down Payment: Displays the total number of returning down payments that Members made within the designated date range.
Note: Only Members who have previously purchased an agreement (similar or otherwise) will populate
- Recurring: Displays the combined total of recurring payments that Members made during the report’s designated date range.
Note: Both ‘New’ and ‘Renew’ Members will populate this section.
- Total ($): Displays the combined totals of the ‘New Down Payment’, ‘Renew Down Payment’, and ‘Recurring’ sections.
Example: Total = ‘New Down Payment’ + ‘Renew Down Payment’ + ‘Recurring’
Furthermore, each section is comprised of five columns:
- Payment Type: Displays the method through which payments were achieved.
Note: Here, payment types are divided into two categories:
- Credit/ACH (Bank Account)
- Charge: Displays the total payment that a club received per payment type, within the report’s designated dates.
- Refund: Displays the total refunds that a club paid out per payment type, within the report’s designated dates.
- Chargeback/Return: Displays the total returns that a club paid out per payment type, within the report’s designated dates.
- Total ($): The resulting total of a club’s remaining profits once its losses have been accounted for.
Note: This is factored by subtracting both the club’s ‘Refund’ and ‘Chargeback/Return’ totals from its ‘Charge’ total.
Example: Total ($) = Charge - (Refund + Chargeback/Return)
Table Two: Total Revenue by Payment Status
This table summarizes the status of the costs the club billed out within the report's depicted dates.
Such sections include:
- Total Pending Revenue: The total cost of what the club billed its Members within the designated dates that has yet to be settled.
- Total Not Paid Revenue: The total cost of what the club billed its Members within the designated dates that has failed to find funding.
- Total Paid Revenue: The total cost of what the club billed its Members within the designated dates that has found funding.
Note: This does not include refunded revenue.
- Total Pending and Paid Revenue: The combined cost of what the club billed its Members within the designated dates that has either found funding or has still yet to be settled.
Note: This does not include refunded revenue.