The Summary Accrual Revenue Report lists revenue from transactions with a 'Success' or 'Pending Success' status from ABC. This report can be filtered by date range, location, and employee.
Reading the Summary Accrual Revenue Report
Paid Invoices: The Summary Accrual Revenue Report adjusts its data as invoice status changes. Once an invoice is settled and paid, it will always appear as 'Paid' on the Summary Accrual Revenue Report.
Example: On 8/30, Micah’s invoice possessed a ‘Pending’ status. On 9/2, Micah’s invoice settled -shifting its status to ‘Paid’. As a result, Micah’s invoice’s status will now always appear as 'Paid' on the Accrual Revenue Report.
Refunds: When a paid invoice is later refunded, a new invoice is generated for the refund and appears separately in the report with its own invoice number and the value of the original invoice (in the 'Total ($)' column) becomes negative. The original invoice's number will appear with the refund invoice in the Refund Invoice Number column. These invoices only appear on reports for the date(s) they were created.
Example: Oliver’s initial invoice was marked as paid on 2/1. A refund was issued on 3/1. At the end of March, you decide to review the reports by month. Your February Accrual Revenue Report does not include Oliver's refund invoice, but it does include a negative value and a Refund Invoice Number for the original transaction. Your March Accrual Revenue Report shows Oliver's refund, but not the original invoice. However, if you generated a report for the date range 2/1 - 3/31, you would see both invoices.
Chargebacks/Returns: These will only appear on a report containing the the original paid invoice.
Example: Candice’s initial invoice billed on 11/20. Her bank issued a Chargeback on 12/2. November's Accrual Revenue Report will display the Chargeback invoice, but the December report will not.
Sample Accrual Revenue Report
Total Revenue by Payment Type
The summary table at the top of the report lists the amount of new Charges, Refunds, and Chargeback/Returns by payment type (Cash/Check or Credit/ACH). The 'Total($)' column on the right lists the total revenue accrued in each category (new Charges minus Refunds and Chargebacks).
- New Down Payment: Down payments on new Agreements (first-time Members)
- Renew Down Payment: Down payments from returning PT Clients purchasing another agreement
- Rewrite Down Payment: Down payments from Members rewriting their Agreements
- Recurring: Recurring payments from new, renewed, and rewritten Agreements
- Cancellation: Cancellation fees collected
Total Revenue by Payment Status
- Total Pending Revenue: Invoices that are not yet settled
- Total Not Paid Revenue: Invoices that are unpaid (for example, in the event of a chargeback)
- Total Paid Revenue: Invoices that have been successfully paid. This does not include refunded revenue.
Learn more about accessing, filtering, and scheduling reports.