To add a new lead from anywhere in Club OS, go to the search box at the top of the page, hover over the "Add" button, and click New Lead. This will take you to the Add New Lead page.
Red asterisks indicate required fields. If your club has created a Telephone Inquiry Script (under My Club > Location Settings), it will appear on the right side of the page.
Complete each section of this page in order, since some fields will not be available to fill out until you've added other information. (For example, if you are scheduling an appointment, you must choose an Event Type before you can add the details of the event.)
Fill out all fields in this section: Club and Location (if applicable - not visible to all users), First and Last Name, and contact information. You must enter at least one form of contact information.
Schedule an Appointment
This section enables you to make an appointment for the new lead right from this page. Select an Event Type, and the rest of the required fields will be available for you to fill out.
Notice that there are several different event types to choose from, but Appointments are the only event types that should be attended by leads who have not purchased a membership or other services at your club. (In other words, if you schedule your New Lead for a Personal Training Session, make sure they purchase PT before the session occurs. In most cases, you will only be using the Appointment event type for New Leads.)
Available event types include:
- Appointment: An event where the Lead and staff discuss membership options.
- Orientation: An event where the Lead and staff discuss physical training options. (A Lead cannot attend an Orientation until they have purchased a membership either in person or over the phone.)
- Personal Training: A one-on-one session with a Trainer. (A Lead cannot attend a Personal Training session until they have purchased a membership and personal training either in person or over the phone.)
- Group Training: A Trainer session shared with multiple Members. (A Lead cannot attend a Group Training until they have purchased a membership and physical training either in person or over the phone.)
- Small Group Training: A Trainer session shared with 2-3 Members. (A Lead cannot attend a Group Training until they have purchased a membership and physical training either in person or over the phone.)
After selecting the event type, you can enter scheduling details and set optional reminders.
Here, you'll set the designated Follow-Up person for this lead and record their Origin (how they first contacted the club, such as walk-in or telephone inquiry) and Marketing Source (how they first heard about the club, such as social media or word of mouth). Marketing Sources are specific to your club and can be customized in My Club > Location Settings > Marketing Sources.
In this section, you can add members who referred the New Lead to your club and/or add additional leads the New Lead wants to refer to you.
Under "Referred By", search for the name of the member that referred the New Lead, if applicable. Click their name when it appears in the search.
Under "Referrals", you can add any additional leads the New Lead wants to refer to your club. Click ‘Add Referrals’. You can add up to five additional leads here.
Add additional personal data for your lead such as home address and birthday, if available. Time zone is the only required field in this section (and will be set to your club's time zone by default).
Guest Pass/Missed Guest
If you want to offer your new lead a guest pass, fill out this section. Select the Start Date first, and the other fields will become available.
- Length: How long the pass will be active. This field will not become available until you choose a Start Date. You can set this for any time from 1-30 days.
- Barcode: The identification number you want to assign to this Guest Pass.
- Reasons for No Sale: This will display a drop-down menu of reasons to choose from. (This list is customized for you in Club OS System Admin. If you want to make changes, please contact our support team.)
This section is always displayed on the right hand side of the Add New Lead page. Your club's standardized sales script will appear here, if one was created. (Find this under My Club > Location Settings > Telephone Inquiry Script).
You can also add additional notes about the lead in the Notes field. They will appear as Lead Notes attached to this user's profile.